Colad was proud to help sponsor the 17th Annual Ride For Roswell.
What a turn out this year- more than 8,000 participants were at University at Buffalo Campus on Saturday, bright and early, and ready to ride! Ride for Roswell is an amazing cause with a great following here in Western New York, and Colad is lucky to be a part of it all. Our Director of Operations has been on the RFR Committee for nearly a decade now, and this was my second year as a volunteer [with many more to come!]
Additionally, Colad donated rear-view mirror hang tags to all staff & volunteers, printed with directions and a map of the grounds on the back side. Traffic gets pretty heavy during this event [I’m sure you can imagine with the 8,000 riders, 10,000 spectators and another 500+ volunteers…] so having these color coded tags is essential in making sure the right people are always exactly where they need to be. These hang tags were printed with variable data to feature different instructions and parking destinations based on the role of the volunteer. Just another application where Dynamic Digital Packaging from Colad is the perfect solution!
From rideforroswell.org– “THANK YOU to the thousands of supporters, riders, volunteers, cancer survivors and patients who helped give cancer research and patient support programs at Roswell Park a major boost at the 17th annual Ride For Roswell. Thanks to your efforts, $3.7 million was raised to help accelerate the most promising research studies and compassionate quality of life programs at Roswell Park”.
To learn more about Ride For Roswell, visit their website at Rideforroswell.org. To learn more about Colad’s custom packaging, visit our website and see our many examples of custom binders, custom folders, custom promotional packaging, custom totes, custom boxes, custom sales kits, custom media packaging, custom dimensional mailers, and more! Or, if you’re eager to learn more about our Dynamic Digital Packaging- visit DyanmicDigitalPackaging.com for an interactive tour of ways to use no minimum quantity custom digital packaging in everyday applications!
Over the past few weeks I have been watching the saga that is Toshiba’s National No-Print Day Campaign. As a custom packaging company, printing and paper is what we do. As an eco-friendly company, certified by SFI & SFI, as well as an EPA Green Power Partner- sustainable printing is all we know.
One day dedicated to #noprint? The idea seems highly ineffective. Toshiba should have focused their efforts on sustainable printing 365 days a year!
Photo courtesy of PrintMediaCentr
National No Print Day was supposed to catch on like a wildfire, after all, it was branded as a nation-wide movement. With little facts or statistics for backup, everyone saw through this National No Print Day for what it was, an attempt at a newsworthy marketing campaign instead of a campaign to better the environment.
This is my opinion on the unsuccessful National No-Print Day, what is yours?
If you want to learn about Colad’s Eco-Certified printing practices, visit our website. While you’re there, take a look at our photo galleries of custom boxes, custom totes, custom slipcases, custom binders, custom folders, custom media packaging, custom mailers, custom tabs and dividers, and custom packaging!
If you’re in attendance, look for this piece and several more Custom Colad Designs!
Or if you’re not in Las Vegas right now attending the Expo, you can still see some of Colad’s custom packaging designs by visiting our website. Any industry can benefit from beautifully designed custom packaging- so contact us today to get started on custom binders, custom folders, custom totes, custom boxes, custom point of purchase displays, custom sales kits, custom tabs and dividers, custom mailers, custom media packaging [CD, DVD, USB and Software Packaging] and more! As always, there’s no minimum quantity on any order!
Where else can you get custom packaging with no minimum quantity? Contact Colad today!!
Colad launched ThePaperWorker – a unique website enabling customers to design and personalize their own custom Eco-Certified packaging with no quantity restrictions.
- Customizable packaging offered on ThePaperWorker includes three ring binders, reinforced paper binders, gift boxes, 3 ring scrapbooks, and presentation folders.
ThePaperWorker is the first marketplace of its kind to offer these products, and is the first website in the world to feature real-time 3D proofing of user-designed dimensional custom packaging.
ThePaperWorker empowers users to:
- Create custom binders, gift boxes, folders, and scrapbooks for personal or business use
- Order 1 or 1 million – no minimum order quantity and no setup fees
- Select from thousands of graphic designs and use our online design tools to personalize
- Select a blank template and start from scratch, using our online design tools to customize
- Download a template to design offline and then upload onto the site to proof your creation as a rotatable 3D rendering
- Personalize with text, photos and logos, and access millions of premium images & backgrounds
- View their customized products in real-time 3D throughout the design process, which is especially critical for the custom dimensional products like binders, boxes, folders, and scrapbooks
- Review ‘Virtual Product Tours’ for every product offered on ThePaperWorker
- Promote responsibly-sourced renewable paper products Eco-Certified by FSC® or SFI®
Continuing reading all about ThePaperWorker here, or just visit ThePaperWorker.com and see it for yourself!
This cartoon is spot on!
Receiving mail [no, not e-mail] has the ability to bring excitement and happiness to the recipient- and e-mail just can’t do that. After you toss out all of the “You’ve been pre-approved for a credit card” envelopes and coupon clipper magazines, you seldom have anything left.
Mailers from Colad can be customized to hold whatever you’d like! We’ve designed and sent out envelopes and boxes that hold anything from kazoos to coffee mugs. Or if you just need something with brilliant print quality that will leave even the mailman intrigued, look no further than Colad. We’ll design it, create it, and send it to your recipients for you!
Read more about Colad’s custom mailers by clicking here to visit our website.
Better yet, call one of our Representatives right now @ 800-950-1755, or click here to be contacted.
Looking for something other than custom mailers? Custom Binders, Custom Folders, Custom Rigid Packaging, Custom Media Packaging, Custom Sales Kits, Custom Totes, Custom Boxes, Custom POP Displays and Easels? Anything that you need custom, Colad can create.
Below is an article found on Xerox.com Blog.
Digitally printed packaging is an emerging application that is in an early adopter phase. First movers can still gain powerful advantages in a worldwide market that is expected to grow from $580 million in 2005 to $6 billion by 2015, according to Pira International.
Digital printing delivers a nice set of competitive, cost and environmental advantages when compared to traditional package printing technologies, and it’s surprisingly well suited to many packaging applications. Digital print production can use the just-in-time, print-on-demand approach; and with shortened setup requirements and automated makeready, short runs are typically less expensive on digital presses. And variable data printing can bring new value through personalization and customization for regional versioning, novelty items and for meeting pharmaceutical and healthcare needs for individual and custom-made packaging.
Packaging accounts for as much as one-third of solid waste in U.S. municipal landfills, according to the Environmental Protection Agency, making it a visible target of green activism. Today’s environmentally preferred packaging uses minimal materials, which are recycled or made in environmentally responsible ways, and which are biodegradable and easily recycled or reused so they aren’t dumped in landfills. Digitally printed packaging plays well with green packaging strategies to meet growing demand.
Among its environmentally sustainable qualities are these:
- On-demand production— Orders can be placed in the precise quantities needed, eliminating or reducing warehousing and associated cost, energy requirements and waste from obsolescence.
- Electronic job ordering and submission, paperless workflow, and soft proofing— These processes reduce paper usage and associated costs while boosting efficiency.
- Green paper choices— Offer recycled paper or paper with chain-of-custody certification designating it has been produced in a supply chain that promotes responsible forestry practices from harvesting to packaging. Some customers are willing to pay extra for green paper and board.
- Eliminate varnish— Varnish is required for offset printing and adds cost and, in the case of UV varnish, an environmental hazard, small amounts of ozone that need to be ventilated. Offset ink takes 24 hours to dry and harden, so it needs a coat of varnish for mechanical handling and to seal the surface of the inks, preventing bleeding and smear onto the back side of the next sheet in the stack. In contrast, digitally printed pieces have a dry and hard surface immediately, with low risk of scratching and color setoff, making varnish necessary only to achieve visual effects.
- Non-toxic glues— These are available for most binding techniques, eliminating the need for ventilation of toxic fumes and waste management issues.
- Distribute-then-print— Minimize environmental impact by distributing electronically to your print center or partner nearest the customer for printing and the fastest, least environmentally disruptive delivery. [A blog from Xerox Corporation, see the complete article here]
Interested in learning more about digital packaging? Click here See how Colad’s Dynamic Digital PackagingTM can supercharge any package- featuring customization with variable data, QR codes, versioning, and image personalization. Supercharge your next marketing campaign!